Friday, November 25, 2011

More Hair

My sweet girl, Lexie, has come to expect some type of "fancy" hair for every occasion now.  I'm not all that great at doing hair.  That's more my mom's department.  So when she came to me on Thanksgiving and asked what type of hairstyle I was going to give her for the day, it threw me for a loop.  I had nothing prepared.  I decided to go with something simple since I didn't have lots of time to do a hairstyle, and this is what we came up with!

I had seen a "knot" hairstyle on Pinterest that we had tried one night.  It took a long time, and I had yet to perfect it.  So I took that and simplified.

First, I parted off a little bit of hair in the front.  Then, I split it into two sections and tied it (like the first part of tying your shoes).  Next, I grabbed some more hair to add to each section and tied it again.  After that "knot" I put in a clear ponytail holder and called it good.  Her hair stayed great and she loved it.  The best part was it only took me about 3-5 minutes!

I think we'll do this one again.  Cute, easy, and a great alternative to the normal "half up and half down" that I do to keep the hair out of her face.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment