Sunday, November 20, 2011

Advent Activities

I've spent most of my day being completely and utterly unproductive.  In fact, I'm still in my pajamas.  However, I did manage to complete the list of activities we will be doing to celebrate this Advent season.  I've yet to decide how exactly we will be displaying our Advent Calendar this year, but with the help of Pinterest I have a ton of ideas so we will just have to see where that takes us.  I'll post pictures of our finished product later in the week, but for now I present... The Marick Family Advent Activities.



Have Hot Chocolate

Write a letter to Santa

Open your special ornament,
and hang it on the tree

Decorate the playroom 

Begin Reading
“The Best Christmas
Pageant Ever” 

Pick 3 toys to donate to CCA

Go visit Santa

Attend Jingle Bell Skate Night

Make Christmas Placemats 

Attend the
Flower Mound Christmas Parade 

Tell the Christmas Story using the Nativity Set

Sing Christmas Carols

Decorate your door like a present

Dress fancy for dinner

Wrap a gift for your teacher 

Family Christmas Movie Night

Decorate Gingerbread Houses

Indoor Snowball Fight! 

Read by the fire 

Long Distance Christmas Caroling
Sing “Away in a Manger” for
Nanny & Granddaddy

Look at Christmas Lights

Paint our nails Christmas colors

Make & Decorate Cookies for Santa

Unwrap your special
Christmas Pajamas

Read the story about the
birth of Jesus




I'd love to hear what you and your family will be doing to spend time together this Advent season while you prepare for the birthday celebration of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment