Sunday, November 20, 2011

Are You "Pinterested" in Some Cute Hair?!?

Like most of my friends, my newest addiction has become Pinterest.  I've found so many wonderful things there so gradually I've begun trying them.  

First, I wanted to try curling Lexie's hair by twisting it up really tight.  I started by having her wash her hair.  I figured it would be easier to get tight if it was wet.  However, I was concerned about it not drying overnight before we took it down.  (More on that in a minute.)  So after washing it, I divided it into sections.  The tutorial I was using did four sections, but Lexie has long hair so I ended up with seven sections.  So with seven little pony tails in, I started one at a time.  I used pomade to help it hold while at the same time maintaining flexibility.  Then I began twisting really tightly.  As I twisted it automatically coiled itself so I just followed it's lead and put wrapped it around going closer to her head each time.  I then took a few bobby pins and secured the ends.  Here is what it looked like after I had finished her entire head.
 Of course, Hadlie wanted her hair done like "Shishy" so I repeated the same thing with her hair.  I only did four sections with her hair though.
 The end result was FANTASTIC!  My concern about Lexie's hair not drying was legitimate.  Her hair was still damp when we took it down.  (Next time I will partially dry her hair before doing it or use the dryer on it before taking it down.)  However, it stayed curly all day long.  I am absolutely sick over the fact that I didn't stop and take pictures before I sent her to school.  So I have nothing to show for her precious curly hair.  Needless to say, we'll be doing it again soon so I can have "before" and "after" pictures!

*Side Note:  Hadlie's hair fell out in her sleep.  I'll have to test out some things to see what might hold that fine baby hair in through the night.  Especially because she's a crazy sleeper!


The next hair style we wanted to try was making a heart out of the hair.  The idea we had seen was of two pony tails (doggy ears, pig tails, whatever you wanna call 'em) resulting in a heart on each side of the head.  We decided to go for the "mature eight year old" version.  And here is the end result.  Again, Hadlie wanted her's done as well once Lexie's was finished.  Hadlie's was harder to do because she has shorter hair.  However, had I not been in a rush to get Lexie to a birthday party on time, I could have gotten it up there nicely. 
 Here is Lexie's hair.  Please excuse the "fly aways".  Like I mentioned, we were in a hurry so this took me about 3-5 minutes each.  It did stay up perfectly for an ice skating party though!  


I used clear pony tail holders so they were not as obvious.  I made the first pony tail and pulled it apart where I did an upside down pull through.  I then divided the hair that I pulled through into two sections and twisted them as I shaped them into a heart.  I used another clear pony tail holder to gather it at the bottom.  Lexie's hair is quite long so we didn't pull the hair all the way through at the end because it would have left quite a bit hanging down.  We were very pleased with the outcome, and she got a lot of compliments!  We'll definitely be doing it again!
 I did Hadlie's the same way.  Her hair is short so I left it in a little pony tail at the bottom.  I will probably use some water and pomade next time to make them look a little "cleaner". 
All in all, I loved the two hair styles we tried.  I can't wait to do them again.  The best part is they were super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment