Monday, February 28, 2011

The Answer

A few days ago my best friend and I were having a conversation about men.  Mainly we were discussing how when you ask them certain things it can make or break how you feel about them by the answers they give.  More specifically we were discussing how she had asked a guy a simple question like, "Well, what is it you like about me?" and he had no answer.  Now granted, men usually don't know how to put their feelings into words, but my goodness... come up with something!  Surely you don't like to spend hours on end with me and not like a single thing about me.  Even if all you like is my great rack, go ahead and say it.  It's better than NOTHING!  

So fast forward to last night.  Josh and I had taken a day trip to OKC for me to do an Arbonne party and deliver Girl Scout cookies.  We were on our way back to Flower Mound and just rockin' out to whatever songs we could find on the radio.  Of course there is always that song that prompts a discussion so I thought, "Here is my chance.  I should see what he says when I put him on the spot."  So as we discussed past relationships and such I asked, "So why me?"  And what does he say??  NOTHING!  As I began to mentally move his things out of the house so that I didn't waste another minute of someone who has no answer as to why he's spent the last four plus years with me I decided to give him one last chance.  I said, "So you don't have an answer?"  And in the most sincere and loving tone he goes, "You are the answer."

Immediately my heart melted.  I quickly moved his things back in (mentally of course), and assured him that he had received enough brownie points to make it through the week with that answer.  He said he wasn't going for brownie points, and oddly enough, I know it's true.  The way he looks at me... the way he touches me... it all tells me exactly what he said last night.  I'm in love with an amazing man who loves me unconditionally and makes sure to go out of his way to show me that each and every day.  However, it sure did melt my heart to hear him say it.


And guess what Mr. Marick... You are my answer too.  The good, the bad, and everything in between.  I will spend the rest of my life loving you.
A little lovey dovey stuff from our first year together!

No comments:

Post a Comment