Sunday, February 6, 2011

3 Days, 60 Miles... Why I Walk

When someone mentions breast cancer we can all think of someone we know who has been affected by this disease. A disease that knows no boundaries... a disease that changes lives and families forever.

Like most, I know many who have been forced to face this disease in one way or another. Some have fought this fight and won, and sadly, others have not. Some have simply had a "scare" and one has been told that she will lose her life to this disease. Sadly, my walking will not change the circumstances for those who have lost their fight against this disease. But I can do my part to ensure that the future is different... for myself, for my daughters, for all the women in this world.

This will be my 2nd time to walk this wonderful, life changing event! Last year was an experience of a lifetime in more ways than one. This year I'm back... with new goals, ambition, and more determination than ever to raise money and walk 60 miles! Some people think I'm crazy... some people think it's a great cause, but just can't imagine themselves doing it... but me, well, I just think that "everyone deserves a lifetime"!

So this is my salute to you! The fighters, the survivors, women everywhere... my precious daughters... this walk is for you!

*For Lexie & Hadlie*
My precious girls... Bitty Boo and Little Foot... From the moment I held you in my arms I have loved you in a way that is simply indescribable. Nothing I can physically do will ever be able to show you that love. As your mother I care for your needs, I wipe your tears, I pray for you, I encourage you, I do all that I know how to do. So consider this one more thing I am doing for you. Mommy will spend hours away from you training and fundraising. I will spend 3 days away from you during the walk. But I'm doing that, my sweet babies, for you... your future... because I love you more than you will ever know! Even though you do not realize it, you are changing the world by allowing your Mommy to be a part of something so extraordinary. You are my biggest fans... my reasons for walking... and the loves of my life! Know that you are in my heart with every step I take. I am doing this, so you won't have to! I love you Bitty & Little! Love, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment