Friday, August 5, 2011

Five Dollar Friday!!

From now until the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure (where I'll be kicking some serious cancer butt and taking names for 60 miles!!) I will be doing FIVE DOLLAR FRIDAY!  This is where I will be asking anyone and everyone to donate just $5 towards my fundraising goal of $2,300.  

I started by asking on Facebook and Twitter.  In fact, if all of my Facebook friends donated the $5 I would raise over $3,000.  That would provide 25 potentially life-saving mammograms!  What an amazing thing that would be!

So why just $5?  The 3-day encourages you to ask BIG!  And well, $5 isn't that big.  Most of us don't think twice about spending $5.  I know Sonic gets $5 from me almost every day.  But for me, that was the point.  Everyone can give up one day of Starbucks or Sonic or lunch out with friends for one day.  In today's hard times it doesn't put any one person out too terribly much.  And breast cancer... cancer in general... that is a battle we must all fight together.  We must all do our part to help.  So if that means giving up Sonic for the day so I can do a small part in ending breast cancer, well I'd be happy to.  And I'm hoping that is the response I get from all those I am asking to donate $5.  I hope that they are happy to do their part!


So, 3-day friends, I encourage you to join me in FIVE DOLLAR FRIDAY if you haven't met your fundraising goal yet.  Maybe it will help you along the way!


And for those of you out there reading this, if you could please make a donation of $5 today... well, I sure would be grateful!
 

Visit my 3-day page to donate your $5 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment