Thursday, April 25, 2013

I'm Not A Good Wife...

... Not that this comes as a surprise to anyone, especially my husband!  

Someone posted this little treasure on CafeMom.  I found it to be both inspiring and depressing at the same time.  Check it out!

Now don't get me wrong.  I'd love to be this kind of wife.  But if I'm being really honest, I hate cleaning, there are some days I don't feel like smiling, and if I have a problem or complaint he's probably already gotten a text about it.  (Thank you modern technology.)  I feel sure that my husband can grab a beer from the fridge on his way in the door if he needs a cold drink, and you can guarantee that if he stays out all night, I sure as heck am going to complain (and yell and possibly throw things) about it!  (Unless this has been planned in advance.)

Here I've spent the first six months of my marriage (and many years before that) trying to get this Proverbs 31 wife thing down, which I'm gracefully failing at.  I'm trying to be submissive and obedient... again, quite a challenge for me.  There is no way I could throw all this in the mix!

The only thing I really have down is that I know my place... right in my husband's arms knowing that whatever chaos and dose of crazy he's walked into, there is no where he'd rather be.  

Boy am I lucky!  I think I just might put a ribbon in my hair before my man walks in the door tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment