Saturday, December 3, 2011

White Queso Dip

I found a recipe for White Queso dip on Pinterest so I decided to give it a whirl.  I did change it up a bit because... well, I can.  So here is what I did, and it was oh so yummy!

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound of white American cheese (got the Kroger brand from the deli)
  • 1/4 cup of Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1 can of Rotel with lime and cilantro (drained the juices)
  • 1/4 cup of onion
  • Half and half 
  • 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
Steps to White Queso Dip Bliss:
  • Shred all cheeses (don't buy the already shredded kind and cheat)
  • Chop onion (I use a choppy thing so it gets chopped really fine)
  • Heat olive oil in a sauce pan on med. heat
  • Add onions and saute them on med. low heat
  • Add 1/4 cup of half and half and Rotel
  • Put in all cheeses and stir your heart out until it's all melted!
  • Add half and half as needed until you reach your desired consistency
Options (which I will use next time on half of the recipe because some of us like a spicier dip):
  •  Seed and dice one jalapeno (I'll use the choppy thing on this as well) and throw it in with everything else!

My own little picture of a chip and the queso!
It was easy breezy and super yummy!  It was also fine to throw in the microwave and reheat as needed!  For the Pinterest version (which is very similar) visit this site.


Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment